- Home Page
- Summer-Fall 2016
- Standards Update
The second Committee Draft (CD2) was released after the July meeting of ISO Working Group (WG) 44 drafting the revision of ISO/IEC 17025. At this point, the format of the new revision is fairly well assured. It follows the structure of other recent 17000-series standards, such as ISO/IEC 17020. These show current ISO/CASCO formatting requirements, which include sections for General, Structural, Resource, and Process Requirements, as well as options A and B for the Management System Requirements.
It is too early in the process to provide specifics with regard to technical content but it can be assumed that the current requirements plus requirements from ILAC “P” series documents will be included. It is expected that the product of the next meeting will be a Draft International Standard (DIS) that will be released for public comment. WG 44 met in late September.
A number of standards relating to accreditation and certification are in development:
- The revision of ISO/IEC TS 17021-2, Conformity assessment -- Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems -- Part 2: Competence requirements for auditing and certification of environmental management systems, will be published by the end of 2016.
- The ballot on ISO/IEC DIS 17021-3, Conformity assessment -- Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems -- Part 3: Competence requirements for auditing and certification of quality management systems, closes at the end of October.
- ISO/IEC TS 17021-9, Conformity assessment -- Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems -- Part 9: Competence requirements for auditing and certification of anti-bribery management systems, is expected to be published shortly after publication of ISO 37001, Anti-bribery management systems -- Requirements with guidance for use. ANAB will develop an accreditation program for certification bodies that wish to offer certification to ISO 37001.
- Accreditation bodies will also have a new standard soon. The ballot on ISO/IEC DIS 17011, Conformity assessment - Requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies, closes November 17. The drafting group will meet in mid-December 2016 and the full working group will meet in February 2017. If there is a high affirmative vote on the DIS and not too many comments need to be addressed, the revised standard could be published by next summer.
- A CASCO standard for verification and validation bodies will be developed as ISO 17029. The working group drafting the standard will have its first meeting in January 2017.