How to Perform Data Validation (Online Training)
Join ANAB and Advanced Systems, Inc. for the “How to Perform Data Validation” online training course. The training will be presented by Marlene Moore through WebEx. This course will review the requirements for performing data validation for environmental projects. Data generated by sampling and measurement organizations or testing laboratories often requires validation of method performance and application to project specific requirements. The presentation will review the various reasons and procedures a third-party requests data validation.
The objective of data validation and reporting procedures is to present the end user with a clear understanding of the quality and limitations of use of the data generated. An understanding of data validation provides project managers and data users with items to consider during the planning stages of a project.
Most guidance applies only to chemical analytical data provided by the laboratory and not to data collected from field sampling measurements like pH and conductivity, bioassay or microbiological methods. This training also includes validation of field activities including field measurements and sampling.
Prior to attending the data validation package sessions, there is a required introductory training session which will present general types of validation techniques and how to validate a data package. The Introduction session reviews common terms and tools used by data validators. After completing the Introduction session, attendees can register for a Data Package Validation training session. The Data Package Validation sessions require the attendee to prepare a validation report for the identified technology using method and project specific information. The instructor will compile the student information and present the outcome of the practical exercise during the online training.
- General Data Validation Guidelines Final Draft, Environmental Data Quality Workgroup 12/14/2016
- Test Methods for Evaluating Solid Waste: Physical/Chemical Methods (SW-846)
- Guidance on Environmental Data Verification and
Data Validation. EPA QA/G-8, Office of Environmental Information, EPA/240/R-02/004 November 2002
- National Functional Guidelines for Inorganic Superfund Methods Data Review, USEPA, January 2017
- National functional Guidelines for Organic Superfund Methods Data Review, USEPA, January 2017
- Introduction, $125 per student
- *Required before taking one or more of the following data validation package sessions
- Data Package Validation: Metals, $300 per student
- Data Package Validation: Field Activities, $175 per student
- Data Package Validation: LC, HPLC, $400 per student
- Data Package Validation: GC, GC/MS, $400 per student
Note: Registration for Data Validation sessions required 7 days prior to the class. Data package(s) must be validated and returned to instructor two days before class date.