Seeking Contract Assessors for R2, e-Stewards, RIOS, Responsible Care, and Food Programs
ANAB is seeking contract assessors for our Responsible Recycling (R2), e-Stewards®, Recycling Industry Operating Standard (RIOS), and Responsible Care, ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, and FDA FSMA Third-Party Certification Program management system accreditation programs.
Contract assessors perform management system accreditation assessments of ANAB applicant and accredited certification bodies. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Participating in office and witness accreditation assessments as a lead assessor or team assessor.
- Handling post-assessment activities including but not limited to documenting assessment results (e.g., assessment report, nonconformances) and reviewing corrective action responses.
- Providing technical assistance in investigating complaints as requested.
- Providing technical support including but not limited to application reviews.
- Participating in ANAB assessor development sessions.
In addition to demonstrating various skills, knowledge, and personal behaviors, candidates shall have successfully completed a lead auditor training course for a management system standard (e.g. ISO 14001, ISO 45001, R2, ISO 9001, ISO 22000, etc.) or equivalent and shall have a wide range of auditing or assessing experience to have gained the necessary breadth of understanding of the various applications of the standards.
R2, e-Stewards, RIOS, and Responsible Care
The accreditation programs for R2, e-Stewards, RIOS, and Responsible Care require that the assessor successfully complete the scheme owner approved training course for the relevant standard.
ISO 22000, FSSC 22000, and FDA FSMA Third-Party Certification Program
The accreditation program for FSSC 22000 requires that the assessor successfully complete the scheme owner approved training course and have background experience in the food industry.
The accreditation program for the FDA FSMA Third-Party Certification Program requires that the assessor successfully complete training in at least one of the primary preventive control scopes (PC Human Food, PC Animal Food or Produce Safety) and have experience in a related food field. Training or experience with other FDA Rules such as Seafood HACCP, Juice HACCP, Dietary Supplements, Infant Formula, Canned Foods, etc., may be considered in lieu of the primary preventive control scopes.
If you meet the prerequisite requirements and are interested in becoming a contract assessor for ANAB, please complete the assessor application and send it to Kelli Schimmoller at email@example.com.
Seeking Technical Experts
ANAB is looking for technical experts for various fields related to ANAB laboratory, inspection body, proficiency test provider, and reference material producer accreditation programs.
Technical experts participate as members on ANAB assessment teams. Using interviews, observations, and documentation and technical file reviews, teams conduct assessments of organizations' conformance to the accreditation requirements and evaluation of their technical competence to conduct activities under the scope of accreditation.
Technical experts are assigned by ANAB to provide specific technical knowledge and expertise about the scope of accreditation to be assessed.
Technical experts are responsible for:
- Working with ANAB and the lead assessor to assist in development of an assessment plan.
- Working under the direction of the lead assessor to complete the assignment as directed.
- Using their technical knowledge to ensure correct performance of the relevant technical activities as assigned by the lead assessor.
- Providing the lead assessor a thorough description of any technical deficiencies identified.
- Providing a detailed summary of all technical comments and observations relating to the competency and technical capability of the observed customer.
- Working with the lead assessor to provide any necessary documentation to support the assessment activities.
Participation in ANAB assessments provides the expert with ongoing professional development and benefits the industry by ensuring uniform application of the accreditation requirements, including those for technical competence.
If you're interested in participating as a technical expert on ANAB assessment teams, contact Matt Sica at firstname.lastname@example.org.