ANAB Accreditation for Proficiency Testing Providers
ISO/IEC 17043 Documents
Request a Quote
ANAB is committed to superior accreditation services, including those for proficiency test providers following ISO/IEC 17043 and/or domestic standards such as TNI Standard EL-V3-2008, TNI Standard V1M2-2009, and the relevant elements of ISO/IEC 17025.
The program provides users of proficiency testing programs increased confidence that the programs being relied on are being operated competently in accordance with the specified technical and management system requirements. ANAB accreditation processes allow you the opportunity to assure your customers of your compliance with international standards and international recognition of good practices. Our policy is to accredit proficiency test providers only to tests that have been approved and published on the proficiency test provider scope of accreditation.
Accreditation may entail any of a lengthy list of materials used for critical and measurable properties in testing and calibration. Much of the value for proficiency test provider accreditation, however, relates to international confidence in the proficiency testing schemes themselves. This leads to international trade assurances and assurances that international guidelines are followed in the production, labeling, and assignment of property values to materials, including stability and homogeneity determinations that are then factored in the proficiency testing results reported.
As with our other programs, accreditation involves assurance of technical competence and good quality management practices, but also adds verification of the proficiency test management of the provider. Our management and technical staff assure high-quality service, integrity, independence, impartiality, confidentiality, highly-trained experts and assessors, statistical expertise, and unmatched customer service.
ANAB maintains impartiality as required in Section 4.3 of ISO/IEC 17011 (see also Responsibilities and Obligations of the Customer, Appendix A of the ANAB application for Proficiency Test Provider accreditation). ANAB management, staff, assessors, and experts are free from any commercial, financial, and other pressures that could influence the results of the accreditation process for all ANAB conformity assessment programs, including the requirements of the TNI programs. Agreements and statements (e.g., confidentiality agreements) exist for ANAB management, staff members, assessors, experts, and Accreditation Council members.
Request a quotation from ANAB. ANAB charges for accreditation services on the basis of the time spent and the number of the types of proficiency tests as stated in ANAB's current fee schedule (available on request).
ANAB will provide accreditation services to any customer who applies, provided ANAB has or can reasonably obtain the proper credentials and resources.
Areas of accreditation include but are not limited to:
- Chemical analysis
- Biological and clinical properties
- Dimensional measurement and inspection
- Dimensional, mechanical, thermodynamic, electrical calibration
- Materials testing
An application is provided with each quotation. The application packet should be submitted in electronic format, when possible, and must include the following:
- A completed application form (including all relevant locations to be covered by the accreditation)
- Quality manual
- Procedures and work instructions required by the standard
- Procedures and work instructions covering regional proficiency tests, which shall include planned arrangements for test supervision and confidentiality and determination that different test or measurement methods for any measure are technically equivalent, and the steps to assess participants' result using these methods accordingly
- Organizational structure, specifically noting the persons or organizations responsible for assigning the property values of all artifact types related to the application for accreditation
- A list of all relevant experts, if applicable
- Completed draft scope of accreditation for proficiency test providers, following the template provided in the application for proficiency test provider accreditation
- A list of artifact suppliers
- A list of suppliers of calibration or verification services
- An example report for each proficiency test for which accreditation is sought
ANAB accreditation activities shall be confined to the scope provided with the application.
Upon receipt of the completed application packet signed by the customer's authorized representative and fee, ANAB reviews the application to ensure it includes all information needed and to make sure ANAB has the proper accreditation credentials and resources.
After final review of the completed application form, ANAB acknowledges receipt of the application and ensures that all customer expectations can be met, particularly the customer's desired scheduling. The customer and ANAB work together to determine assessment dates.
This diagram outlines the ANAB accreditation process:
To learn more about ANAB accreditation for proficiency testing providers, contact Roger Muse,
ANAB provides accreditation for TNI Environment Proficiency Test Providers.