Both ISO/IEC 17025 and the related ANAB Forensic Accreditation Requirements (AR 3125) have been updated and moved to less prescriptive requirements. As mentioned in the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Forward, this move is supported by an application of risk-based thinking and is focused on performance-based requirements; a move away from the “how” to addressing the “what.”
This course introduces ISO/IEC 17025:2017, the updated ANAB forensic accreditation requirements (AR 3125) structure and content, and provides a review and discussion of the overarching concepts of the main sections of these documents. In addition, this course outlines the key changes to these requirements by identifying those requirements that are new, substantially revised and/or deleted.
Participants will read, interpret and discuss the requirements as well as have the opportunity to audit one or more of the newly revised requirements against their current practice to evaluate options for implementation. For those requirements that are more open-ended, examples and/or exercises will explore options for conformance. Last, participants will develop a checklist of action items to assist their organization in determining the best approach for transitioning to the new requirements; keeping in mind that the approach to conformance will most likely not be the same for all forensic service providers! Course participants will leave with a path forward to accreditation based on these updated accreditation requirements and a new perspective towards this revised approach to accreditation.
Please note: The information presented assumes that the attendee has a solid understanding of the existing structure and content of ISO/IEC 17025:2005. In addition, the information presented is not meant to instruct a laboratory how to transition to the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 requirements or to demonstrate how to come into compliance with the new requirements. For specific accreditation program transition or accreditation requirement questions, contact an accreditation manager for that program.
- Familiarize participants with the structure, content and overarching concepts of ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- Understand the key changes to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and the ANAB forensic accreditation requirements (AR 3125)
- Acquire tools and information to assist participants in identifying those requirements that are new, revised or deleted
- Gain knowledge related to the ANAB accreditation program, the timelines for implementation of the revised requirements and the options available to transition to the new requirements
- Prepare participants to assist their own organization with the review of their management system documents and practices to be able to implement and transition to the updated requirements
Course Duration: Two days, 8 hours per day, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Upcoming Public Training Date
||Feb. 19-20, 2019
||Registration Deadline: January 25
||May 1-2, 2019
||Registration Deadline: April 10
Cost: $600 per person
Registration and Billing Information:
Amy Levasseur, Program Assistant
Private On-site Training
The Overview of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and Forensic AR 3125 training is available as a private on-site course. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-501-5466 for more information.